I have been looking at getting a jogging stroller for a few weeks now. I would like to get baby J out and still be able to run. Our travel system stroller just is not designed to run with. I tried this a few times and it just doesn’t work. So we decided to do some research on joggers that would work for a shorty like me. I wanted to make sure I had something that had an adjustable handle so it would be comfortable for me to run with. I enlisted the help of Grandpa T to find the best jogger we could get that would work for us. After a few days of research we settled on the Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger.
Here are some of the reasons we went with this stroller:
- The front wheel can be locked or unlocked. Locked for running and unlocked for normal stroller use. The lock/unlock release button is on the handle bar so you don’t have to stop and bend down to unlock or lock the wheel.
- The handle bar is adjustable – great for short runners or taller ones.
- There is a speaker and MP3 hook up.
- The canopy is big and has a window to see the LO as you run.
- You can attach an infant seat into the jogger to run with a young baby.
- There is a fleece liner to use when running with younger children to have more stability.
We got our jogger yesterday and couldn’t be happier with it. Baby J was so excited to have a new stroller so we could go run. She was very helpful with putting it together and then hopped right up into it. We jogged around the house a bit to see how it would ride and I think its going to be great.
Baby J and I have been sick the past few days so we have been taking it easy. Okay we have been complete bums laying in bed all day because we don’t feel like doing anything else. I have not done anything as far as workouts go. I plan to get one in today though. But this is pretty much what my past two days have looked like. UGGG I hate being sick.