This is a recipe that I have been using for many years. The original recipe is not at all healthy but tastes delicious. So I have modified the recipe to make it healthy and still just as delicious. This is a complete meal in one dish and it is so simple and quick to make. The little ones will even eat this one. It is awesome and only has 350 calories. Okay so let’s make it!
Here is what you need:
- 1.25 lbs Extra Lean Ground Turkey (I like Jennie-O)
- 13 oz box of Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 cans 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 block of Fat Free Cream Cheese (I only had 1/3 less fat today but use Fat Free to make it lower in calories)
- 2 small cans of mushrooms or 1 large can
- Optional – add peas or corn for added veggies (calories not taken into account for this meal)
Boil pasta – drain and set aside.
Brown the ground turkey. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste (optional). Drain any excess fat.
Mix the remaining ingredients into the pot. (cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms) Blend until all the ingredients are mixed completely and the cream cheese is melted through.
Toss the pasta in over the top and mix until the pasta is evenly covered.
That’s it! Quick, easy and delicious meal in less than 20 minutes with only 350 calories.
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups. This pot will serve 7.
Breakdown per serving:
- Calories 350
- Carbs 51
- Fat 4
- Protein 31