This is a super easy recipe I found on self.com that is delicious and low calorie. I made a few adjustments to lower the calories.
Here is what you need.
- 16 oz. Ground Chicken Breast (I use Purdue)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion – chopped
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 cup chopped White Mushrooms
- 1 (8 oz) can diced Water Chestnuts – drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1.5 tbsp Low Sodium Soy sauce
- Head of Lettuce – about 9 leaves
Brown the ground chicken. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms and let them cook down a until soft. Add in the water chestnuts. Let simmer.
Make the sauce. Wisk together the sesame oil, red wine vinegar, honey, and low sodium soy sauce. Pour over the chicken mixture and mix together. Let simmer until hot.
Wash the lettuce and pull the leaves apart. Place chicken into lettuce leaves and enjoy.
I make this recipe and we use it for 3 servings. One for each of the 2 of us for dinner and one for D for lunch the next day.
Serving Size 3 Calories 283 Protein 36 Carbs 19 Fat 7 Fiber 1 Sodium 381