These are made with ground turkey to lower the calories. Simple and delicious.
- 16 oz Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning Mix (I use Ortega low sodium)
- 2 Cups 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Fresh Zucchini
- Start by boiling the Zucchini. You want them to just be getting soft. Don’t over cook them. If they are mushy they will not work. I like mine a little more on the crunchy side as well. Once cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- Brown the ground turkey and then drain any fat. There shouldn’t be much.
- Mix in a little water and the taco seasoning.
- Slice the Zucchini in half length wise. Take a small spoon and take out the seeds making a little groove down the middle of the zucchini. Place the zucchini on a cookie sheet. Spoon the ground turkey mixture evenly over all 10 zucchini halves. Top each with a little cheese.
- Place them in the oven under the broiler until the cheese melts and browns. Take out and enjoy.
Serving size is 2 zucchini halves.
Serves 5 Calories 279 Protein 34 Carbs 14 Fat 11 Fiber 2 Sodium 744